Regenerating resilience in youth the way Nature intended!
A whole cast and crew are working behind the scenes to prepare this production.
Wanna help? Here’s how:
- Join the movement #movemountainslikeme
- Inquire about receiving your Educator’s Project Package for working with ages 8-14. It’s a Place-Conscious Ecological-Based Tool Kit to produce your own production (available upon completion).
- Catch a free session with Jamie Black on TUESDAYS at 7pm PST at
Behavior Intervention Training
For people who work with
neuro-diverse youth ages 8-14(ish)
Hiring & Training
Arts & Nature-Specialized – Behavior Interventionists
“Human beings are social animals and our biological, psychological, and social systems evolved to thrive in collaborative networks of people.” Health Effects of Social Isolation Clifford Singer MD
People need social interaction and to be outside. Nature experiences reduce many barriers to learning, including stress and attention deficit, while encouraging the full use of the senses. Many other studies suggest that children who spend more time in nature are healthier, happier and smarter. Your program offers this alternative in a safe way. You have integrated some critical key components of education with Wild Craft Play such as:
- Focusing on the mental and physical health of children
- Your program enhances the standard curriculum and school system structure which currently has imposed restrictions due to COVID
- Wild Craft Play offers much-needed additional support for teachers and home school providers with emphasis on education and not just systems
- Educators can enhance their own experience by becoming program leaders
- The need for a new approach to education and life enhanced learning is an option that can no longer be ignored.
I am excited about the future that Wild Craft Play ‘sCool is providing for the future education of children, along with support for educators, as we navigate through these times of increased stress.
Certified Life Coach
“I have come to understand that we, as a society and a Nation, need to connect to and become the advocates for the Natural World, while deepening our knowledge of self and the mysterious universe we inhabit. It is in this way that we WILL be the role-models for the future. Out of all of the needs of the Earth today, I choose to invest my heart and soul in our children.
Will you join me?”Founder, Jamie Black
- Wild Craft Play ‘sCool is a private training institute where children and youth are the educators, and adults learn by doing, having fun with a purpose.
- Enliven your skills and senses by focusing on engaging the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
- Our intention is to help people create a genuine connection with the Earth, in order to take care of it and ourselves in a good way.
At Wild Craft Play we:
Gain Confidence in the WILDerness through role-play, survival scenarios and experienced guides.
Develop your storytelling skills through Arts & CRAFTs, using many disciplines; arts, music, shadow puppetry, production curation, photography, videography, and good ol’ hand-crafting with Free-cycled materials.
Fully PLAY with as much imagination and creativity, outside the box thinking, cultivating diversity and acceptance as you can muster.
ALL in one experience! Sound ‘sCOOL doesn’t it?
What if “climate change” is real? What if we really do need to make big changes right now? If it hypothetically isn’t real, then spending time, money and effort doing something good for the Earth can only bring more good, regardless of whether or not there’s a crisis, don’t ya think?Jamie Black
Join the effort to help people learn how to connect children with nature through creative role-play outside.Click here!
– – –
Have you heard of A Little Bird?
A Little Bird Digital Story Productions was created to help Earth advocates and nature-educators tell their stories. We realized that there are so many incredible people doing incredible things, and people have a hard time getting their story out there. This is one of the ways we give back. We keep all projects affordable, to enhance human connection to our Earth and our community. What better way than in the moment, on-site, on-the-land in a personal way to share our story.
Learn more about A Little Bird stories; real issues, real people, in-the-moment, only slightly edited 🙂
– – –
Earth Advocates Wall of Fame
Since January 2018, students have engaged in Wild Craft Play, The Game! They have been striving to find solutions to real environmental issues. These new Earth Advocates have a story to share. Have a read…
– – –
Peace Making Principles
The Earth Charter
Peace Making Principles
Peace making principles are some of the core guiding principles in Wild Craft Play.
We need peace in our hearts in order to play.
When in conflict, don’t approach that person until you have peace in your heart. If that takes talking to someone else to cool your jets, or tell it to a tree, find a way to have peace in your heart before confronting someone else. Then use your finest words to honor the other, THEN express your concerns/needs.
Always search for a sense of unity or a feeling like you are both winning.
The only way you are permitted to play in life is to start with Peace in your heart. Follow this link for the Peacemaker Story…
Click here for a video of the Peacemaker’s story: https://youtu.be/QRzxFULuTz4
Have you heard about the Earth Charter?
It was created by the United Nations as a way of co-existing with our planet in harmony? This is our curriculum,
– – –
Share with a friend?
Help Spread the Word and Share Our Website With Your Friends