Wild Craft Play ‘sCool
Fostering a deep connection to self, others and the earth, through Performing Arts and Adventure Education in Nature.
The winter season brings a time of rest, renewal,
reflection and integration.
This is a good time to come together and craft stories, while still getting outside and enjoying the wonders of the season. Join Wild Craft Play ‘sCool while we integrate the fall lessons into teachings for teachers in the spring. Follow us on Facebook and join in the conversation. Your feedback is invaluable!
Programs for classrooms and home-school groups
Hire us to come into your space to…
- Facilitate an adventure – Questing, Treasure Hunts, Wild Craft Play and more.
- Give teachers, program leaders and parents new tools for adventure – learn the techniques of Hummingbird Facilitation, Guided Discovery Teaching and engaging Adventures through the Wild Craft Play Game.
Watch for updates.
Weekly experiential learning on how to facilitate like a Hummingbird in programs across Central Vancouver Island
Ages 15 and up.
Starts 2 weeks prior to committed start date
Weekly experiential learning for youth with Autism (1 on 1, or in small groups)
Ages 8 and up (good physical mobility and dexterity required)
Location: Central Vancouver Island
Level 1: Nature-Based Exploration (low risk)
All of our adventures are in nature, whether it is to explore, discover or create. It is best to work with the interest of your child(ren) and develop life skills through what we like to call an Adventure Intervention approach. Hand-crafting, building, use of tools (sharp and electric), prop manipulation (such as swords and Poi), Archery and hikes included.
Level 2: Higher Risk Adventures for those who have demonstrated ability to listen to direction [fees will vary]
These activities include, yet are not limited to: indoor rock climbing, caving, kayaking, swimming, wilderness survival, questing, exploration and discovery in new territory.
- 4-6 hour workshops for groups of min. 8 people
- Nature-based program tips, tools and how to’s
- Host Wild Craft Play The Game in your space
- Learn The Hummingbird Approach (based on Guided Discovery Learning)
Wild Craft Play is where children’s bodies, minds and spirits are engaged. Join in the creative role-play in nature and explore your imagination with highly skilled professionals like Jamie Black and friends.
To ensure quality programming in September, we require a full registration of 10 children. If you have children or know of children who would benefit from these programs, please contact us at email@example.com.
Home Base is in Nanoose Bay, BC.
The Hidden Quarters is in Coombs. Shhhhh top secret!
- We launched our school September 2017, we offer Experiential Learning through the Arts and Nature-based adventure. All experiences are for children, youth and adults ages 8 and up.
- All programming provides valued experiences that can meet your BC Curriculum Core Competencies and general subjects such as math, english, science, socials, career planning.
- For prices go to www.wildcraftplay.com/contacts and look for the Fee Form